iWeb and photo corrections and importing

Reaction score
Yeah, another iWeb problem. I love it and I hate the application. I hadn't had this problem before now. I imported many, many photos into albums (via Aperture...) before noticing that the photos in download mode on my website were showing up at half the pixel size that the originals were. The photo download option is checked as 'original' so that's not it. I did a little checking and couldn't figure out why iWeb is importing these photos from Aperture at half size... So, I did an end run around it and dragged and dropped directly from the folder to iWeb. Great, right? Nope... started noticing that the photos that I am dragging in are not holding their corrections (mainly brightness/contrast) that I had applied in Photoshop. They show up fine in the folder, they look fine as I am dragging them, but when I release in the iWeb folder/page they lose their corrections? HUH?!? :Angry-Tongue:
No matter what I do (dragging them from the folder or from the desktop is the same...) they lose the corrections in iWeb... They still hold their corrections if I drag them from the Aperture sidebar in iWeb, but then they are half sized...
And no, the optimize images on import button is NOT checked, thought for sure that that would be the problem. Any thoughts, ideas on either problem, the size issues or the corrections... What determines the size that iWeb chooses for display? I notice that there are three listings when I upload them in FileZilla...

OP
B
Reaction score
On a side note, the preview images in the main album page show low res images... What controls the resolution for them and could this be somehow related?

OP
B
Reaction score
Also tried to export a photo from Aperture which shows the correct resolution of 1280 X 1280 to the Desktop and got a correct 1280 X 1280 image. Dragged it into iWeb and it kept the corrections as well, but when published, the website displays a half size image with a 640 X 640 download size... Sigh...

OP
B
Reaction score
No thoughts, no ideas? Oh well, it seems to be working now. I deleted the .plists for both Aperture and iWeb last night, republished the albums this morning and it seems to be back to normal... Any thoughts on why this occurred so I can avoid it next time?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.