Unknown Folder in Finder

Reaction score
Good morning, I am new here and rather new to Macs, so any help will be appreciated.

I have an unknown folder in my Finder Sidebar named 0gxhl0eo75NHML.

This cannot be deleted, moved or renamed. It does not respond to right click so I can get no Info. It cannot be highlighted and it does not appear in Finder > Preferences > Sidebar nor is it found by any search in Finder or in Spotlight.

Any help please

RP

OP
R
Reaction score
Folder

Hi all, I have just read a similar thread with a response by chscag telling me to hold down the CMD key and drag it to the desktop to delete it.

Thank you very much that worked a treat, I told you I was new to Macs.
I will try and close the thread now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's OK. We don't close or delete threads unless they break the rules or our guidelines. Glad that you searched and found a solution. I wish more new members would do the same.

And, Welcome to the Mac Forums.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you chscag it was your post that showed me the way. I appreciate it.
I have been a member of PC Advisor for many years in which I have had help, and fortunately been able to help some others.
I hope to keep a close eye on this forum as I am sure I can learn a lot about Mac OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.