Viewing mailbox folders on my mac with iphone

Reaction score
Help, I just created a load of mailbox folders on my mac in the mail app to organise my mail,after moving emails to them,i cant seem to be able to view the mailbox box folders or the emails on my iphone mail app. Is there someway,i can sync the mailbox folders i created 'on my mac' with my iphone?
Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The short answer is maybe.

It depends on your email provider. You iPhone and Mac are syncing email via your provider not with each other directly.

So some more details about who the email provider is and whether you connect using IMAP or POP3 is required.

Reaction score
Gmail Google IMAP account

My only account on my iMac is a Gmail Google IMAP account. Thanks,

bj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Gmail doesn't support folders. Only online filters. You can setup filters in the web interface and have those reflected as folders in your mail client. But not the other way around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.