Resetting my iPhone 4

Reaction score
I had a problem with an app and the developer told me to restart my phone by pressing the Sleep/Wake button, then on the red slider turn it off and this would get the game going again.

I had never done it before and seemed a bit extreme to get an app to work. But it got me thinking about restarting my phone and should I ever do it to get better use from my phone.

One place I saw said you should restart your phone once a week to close apps and reclaim unused space on the phone.

Can someone explain in simple terms if there is any benefit in restarting my phone?

Thanks

I ended up going to iTunes, unchecking the app, syncing, rechecking it, syncing again and it's fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You have to remember that your iPhone is more computer than phone, and just like a computer, occasionally a restart is needed.

OP
M
Reaction score
@Stretch, Thanks. I'm new to the iPhone world so am slowly understanding what I need to do to keep it maintained.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.