Giving away MB

Reaction score
My 2008 white 13" MB will be given to my mom in the coming weeks as I buy a new Retina MBP... I plan on wiping it clean and putting SL back on it as Lion is too laggy on my integrated gfx machine... Will there be any problems when I install SL & newest iPhoto from the mac store and then log out that account and she logs in with hers? When the machine is wiped and boots up SL for the first time she will put all the info in and create her apple id... Then I will log into the app store to d/l the iPhoto i purchased and log out.

Am I doing it right?

OP
Z
Reaction score
I don't understand what the problem would be.

If I install software I purchased on the computer I purchased ... Then give away the computer this shouldn't violate any terms of service? Apple's not going to make a human centipede out of me right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I think they meant their interest was peaked by the title of your thread :)

The license says that you can use it on your 'personal Macs' - if that's true then you're OK.

But I'd consider a cheap RAM upgrade and stick with Lion. We have a 2.16ghz white MacBook with 4gb in and Lion runs brilliantly

OP
Z
Reaction score
I have had 4g of ram in my mb since day 15 :-/ also this the 2.4 c2duo
I've never done a clean install of lion may try that before I give it to her and see who smooth it is.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have had 4g of ram in my mb since day 15 :-/

That's pretty darn specific to remember (from 2008), that since "day 15" this computer has had 4gig of ram!;)

- Nick

OP
Z
Reaction score
So I just pulled 15 out of the air as you may have guessed. But I did upgrade it from 2g - 4g fairly quickly after buying it...

Did a clean install of Lion ... I don't want to give it away now! So much faster and more responsive wish I would have done the clean instal from the get go!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.