LR4/PS6 support for new Retina Display MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
I'm assuming Adobe will be offering a firmware update to take advantage of the Retina Display on the new MBP just announced today (June 11th, 2012). Has any one heard any news on this?

I would think Adobe would also be working on getting PS6 support for the Retina display available soon too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm wondering why the monitor would make any difference at the application layer. I must be simply missing something.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm assuming Adobe will be offering a firmware update to take advantage of the Retina Display on the new MBP just announced today (June 11th, 2012). Has any one heard any news on this?

Since it's pretty darn early to be asking about this...Adobe is probably the best place to check.:)

Order of information release:

- Adobe knows first
- we (the general public) find out second

If this is an important concern that cannot wait...checking with Adobe is probably best & fastest option at this point.:)

Probably within 1-2 weeks more info will be generally available.

- Nick

C

chas_m

I'm assuming Adobe will be offering a firmware update

Adobe couldn't offer a firmware update even if it wanted to. You're confusing firmware with software.

to take advantage of the Retina Display on the new MBP just announced today (June 11th, 2012). Has any one heard any news on this?

Yes, I watched the keynote video. You should probably do the same.

I would think Adobe would also be working on getting PS6 support for the Retina display available soon too.

This was specifically addressed at the keynote. No specific date was given, but a software update will likely be along shortly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.