Mac Mini won't start

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to find answers and solutions on my MacMini startup problem.
When I push the power button, the start up chime sounds, the apple logo appears and the spinning reel starts spinning...but it just won't stop and there is no fan noise. I opened the bottom to see if the fan was spinning and it was, but no noise at all. I tried the Hardware Test...it starts but then freezes after a little while. I tried to start up in Safe Mode, but nothing different happens

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you boot your Mini with its original install recovery DVD? If you can get it to boot from the DVD, run a verify and repair on the hard drive. You didn't give us any info on which Mini you have and what version of OS X it's running.

OP
A
Reaction score
Oh, sorry about that...I bought it in the summer of 2010 and it's running on Snow Leopard.
I can try the DVD, but I was afraid I'd lose everything on my hard drive .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.