• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wwdc 2012

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
In all fairness, she did want to preserve the batteries from damage since they were still good. If I had batteries that were dead...I'll get them off, whether they like it or not.

Then my question would be, can you get replacement batteries if you can get them out?

CWA, Agree completely. Even though I was joking with Van, I was also serious and see the difference post Jobs.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Personally, I'm glad that Cook isnt' trying to simply reduce his decision making tactics to that of a "once was" because he thinks that Steve would have wanted it that way. It's impossible for anyone to imagine what he would have wanted at this point, so it's good to see Cook taking some forward thinking initiative.

That said, whether or not his style of decision making will actually work, has yet to be seen. We need to give him a fair shot, and that's hard to do I guess, because people see him and think that he's got some huge shoes to fill. And this is quite the truth, but if he starts thinking about things like that, he'd be setting himself up for a fail.

All that aside... Anyone spending so much money on a retina display MBP almost certainly HAS TO get Apple Care. And as I've said in another thread, once Apple Care has expired, it's likely that the cost of replacing/repairing that logic board will be significantly lower than what it would cost if one didn't have Apple Care after year one.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I guess the part that disturbs me most is the glued in batteries. You can kind of rationalize (or at least try to) everything else, but batteries fail. ;P

What do you do then?

You do nothing, other than fork over $200

Which is high, but keep in mind that replacement high-capacity batteries are $150-$175 even for most PC laptops.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.