Migration Assistant - Upgrade

Reaction score
I am running OS X Version 10.6.6, with Snow Leopard and i want to use the migration assistant to transfer all files from this mac to a brand new mac book pro.

I can only find software update online for the 10.6.8
(Migration Assistant Update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard v1.0)

Any suggestions how i update the migration assistant software so that i can make the transfers? Or any other suggestions how i go about getting the 2 computers to read each other?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Migration Assistant doesn't need an update. It should be available on the new Mac.
Connect the two Macs with a firewire cable. You may need a cable with different end plugs to match the two computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Why do you think that you need to upgrade MA?

OP
S
Reaction score
My new computer is asking me to make sure i have the latest MA upgraded as the computer can't be found. I see now i probably need to have the right cable (as mentioned) to connect them so they can be read.

I will try the cable - would it be the Firewire 800 to 400 cable that i need?

Thank you for your advice so far...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
My new computer is asking me to make sure i have the latest MA
Have you run Software Update to see if it comes up

I can only find software update online for the 10.6.8
(Migration Assistant Update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard v1.0)
I can see your confusion, that's the latest update that I can find on the Apple site, yet About This Mac is telling me that I have v3.0.4. Very strange.

You might like to try updating to 10.6.8 and see if that helps.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

If you do update, run Software Update again afterwards, as there has been a recent Security Update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.