Windows media Player

H

heysidays

I need to install this program but am having a few problems.
I go to the download site and click to download the version for mac os x.
I then get a box that has the following options:-

Windowsmediainstaller.bin
The window says you have chosen to open:-
Windowsmediainstaller.bin
Which is a :macbinary

The window asks me what should firefox do with this file?
I have two options open with stufflt Expander (default) or save to disk.
My save to disk option is the desktop.

If I save to disk an icon appears on the desktop called windowsmediainstaller.bin, when I open this life it opens in microsoft excel in a language i don't understand. But before it opens in excel i get the following box that appears which says:::

This file is not a recognizable format:
If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with microsoft excel, click cancel, then open this file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in microsoft excel, save it in a format that is compatiable, such as text format.
If you still want to see what text is contained in the file, click ok. Then click finish in the text import window.

I have tried drag the windowsmediainstaller icon in to applications, opening it with other applications etc etc.

Can someone help me install windows media player, I really need it for an online course i will be starting in jan06 and can't get it to work.
I am new to macs and really struggling with this.
any help appreciated
chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
you need to open it with StuffIt Expander before you can install it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano
when i try to install WMP at the end it says IO: Bad Disk Error, anyone know anything?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
H

heysidays

how long does the demo version last for?? i am assuming you eventually have to buy the full version???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.