problems with bluetooth speaker system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ C2D 4GB ram OS X 10.6.2 21.5' monitor
I have a Supertooth Disco sound bar that I wish to use with my iMac. The unit pairs and connects OK but it will not play correctly. The audio comes and goes, it will play for a few seconds and then stops for a while and then starts again. This goes on for as long as it is connected. I emailed Supertooth and they suggested re pairing the units, which I did and it does the same thing. The ST works great with iPad and phone, but not the iMac.
I have OS X 10.6.8. Any Suggestions?

Reaction score
Same problem with my iMac

Did you ever resolve your issue with the Supertooth Disco pairing to an iMac? I just received my Disco yesterday, works great and sounds great with iPhone/iPads, but when I try to play music via iMac it skips in and out. Same as your experience - it pairs ok, just doesn't work right, and uninstalling/reinstalling the bluetooth connection didn't work for me.

Thanks for any insights!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Check the documentation carefully to make sure it pairs/functions correctly when connected to a computer. I purchased a headset recently which was supposed to pair with two devices. It paired.worked fine with my iDevices but would not function properly with the Mac even if only one device at a time was selected.

In my case the documentation did not mention problems working with a computer. I found that out via the product forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.