Help with Linksys

Reaction score
Ok, I am not very techy so bare with me.

We unplugged our router the other day and had trouble connecting back to the internet so wise me hit the reset button on the back of the router and modem. Which reset our wifi connection. It no longer shows our named wifi connection it just shows "linksys" which I am now assuming is us bc of the full signal. It is also no longer locked, so I can get online. What I am wanting is to get our connection back to a named one (not Linksys but our name) and back to where it is locked. I called the linksys support and they were mean and wanted $30 to do this. Whatever!!
Here is the other thing, I don't have an ethernet to get a direct line from computer to router or modem. Soooooo can someone please tell me how to fix this without paying $30??

I have an iMac and a macbook pro.

You're my hero if you can help!!! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you pressed the reset button on the router, you changed it back to the factory settings. You need to access the router's internal menu setup in order to get things back to normal.

You will need: An ethernet cable to attach to the router from your Mac. You can't make changes without one. Go to Radio Shack and buy a cable if you don't have one on hand.

You also need: The model of the router. Once you have that, you can download the user manual for it from the Linksys site. The user manual will give you step by step on how to set it up for wireless again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.