Airport Extreme poor connection !!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rustybob

I have recently upgrade my OS from 10.2.8 to 10.3.1, following which my airport extreme connection does not work anymore. I have checked that my internet connection is working, via a direct connection to the modem. However when i change over to the airport extreme the connection continually disconnects itself as soon as it logs in.

Can anyone throw some light on the subject.

Much appreciated.

Robert

(Have have a 17"iMac G4.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
have you checked to see if there is an airport update for it. thats all that i can think of

OP
C

CMBlechar

Airport Trouble

Well I hope that you have figured out what the problem is by now, but I thought that I'd share this with you anyway.
I also have panther and have had the same issues wit my connection. When expierencing problems with the connection I found that if I would restart my computer it would work just fine and as long as my computer didn't go to sleep the connection would stay just fine. As soon that my computer goes to sleep or I shut the screen the connection to kaput. Sometimes is works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure what to say other than that if you have any info I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
I noticed when you update your OS Ver. You have to redo the Networking Configs, make sure they are updated too with software. thats what i had to do with mine when i did my update from 10.3.8 to 10.3.9. Works great now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
check that date man this thread is years old now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
download airport updater and update the router - i think v5.7 at the mo. it reset the router and updates it all from the pc/mac.

it might work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.