Office to Mac compatability with Windows Starter

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a Macbook 10.6.8 running Office to Mac 2011. I want to get a lighter netbook as a portable laptop for writing and internet surfing only; most of them seem to come with Windows Starter.

Now, if I have documents created on Office to Mac, that I email or bluetooth over to my netbook for editing whilst out and about, (and vice versa), what do I need to install on the netbook so that its all compatible? Will Open Office do the job? Or do I need to install Office to Mac on the netbook?

Thanks for your help

Maisie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OpenOffice or LibreOffice will likely do the job if your documents aren't overly complicated. Give them a try to see if they meet your needs - they're free so you don't really lose anything.

C

chas_m

May I suggest an iPad and a Bluetooth keyboard (and a little patience -- MS Office doesn't exist on the iPad YET but several compatible programs do and MS is known to be working on Office for iOS)? This has proven to be a great setup for me as a writer (might not work so well for a spreadsheet jockey of course ...)

There's no such thing as "Office to Mac for Netbook" so not sure what you mean there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Interesting idea Chas M - thought that would be a pricier option - but seems not too much if I get a used Ipad 1....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.