Hard drive says it's full of "movies"....nope.

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro hard drive is almost full. When I look under "storage" in "about this Mac" it says that almost 80G are taken up by "movies". Problem is, I don't have any movies on my mac. There are no TV shows, only one or 2 music videos (came with album purchases), but nothing that would constitute 80G of "movies". I can't for the life of me locate where there might be something disguising itself as 80G worth of movies. Brought it up with several Mac geniuses, and surprise surprise...no ideas. Thoughts? Thanks!

MacBook Pro
OSX Lion
Intel Core 2
4G RAM
320G

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Grab a copy of Disk Inventory X and let it loose on your HD, once it's done look at the largest blob it shows. That's your culprit taking up the most space, and work your way down from there finding and deleting things you KNOW you don't need nor want..

Be sure to have a recent backup just in case you delete something you didn't meant to..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.