sound locked

Reaction score
hi,
i have problems with my sound. the sound is not working. when i press the keyboard buttons its gray and locked, also at the system preferences- the mute is checked and locked.
now, when i restart my mac i press "shift" to go into the safe mode and i do restart normally again, and then it fixed. the problem is every time i turn my computer off the problem comes back again.

Untitled copy.jpg

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you added any new software recently? Also, does this problem occur when you log into a different user account?

OP
A
Reaction score
hi,
yes. i recently installes adobe cs6... the problem started after that actually. and no, i didn't tried to log from different account, i don't have.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might want to try creating a new account and running from there for a bit to see if the sound problem goes away.
Given that the problem does correct itself I suspect it is something software related possibly a corrupt preference file. Which version of OS X are you running and on what Mac hardware?

Also does this happen when you are working on any specific type of file?

OP
A
Reaction score
i will try that.
I'm working with macbook pro 10.7.4. I don't know what mac hardware.
The problem is not connected to specific file. I guess it is a system problem. I did verify disk and repair permissions, everything seems to be ok.

OP
A
Reaction score
so, the new account didn't help. But again, when i entered the safe mode and restarted it fixed. until the next shut down...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Without knowing your hardware I can't say for sure but this may fix the problem https://josephhall.org/nqb2/index.php/stuckonmute.

To find out your hardware go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner. You can find out the basics by choosing About this Mac and more detail can be found by choosing the more info button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.