iTunes OSX Lion Wifi Sync

Reaction score
iTunes on my iMac OSX 10.7.4 cannot see my iPhone 4 when set to sync over wifi. Consider the following

- iTunes on my MB Air can see my iPad over wifi.
- iTunes on my MB Air can see my iPhone 4 over wifi.
- iTunes on my iMac (OSX Lion partition) can see my iPad over wifi.
* iTunes on my iMac (OSX Lion partition) CANNOT see my iPhone 4 over wifi.
- iTunes on my iMac (Windows XP partition) can see both my iPad and iPhone 4 over wifi.

Upon contacting Apple, they say that iTunes cannot be removed completely on Lion due to its core integration with the OS. After googling I did find instructions specifically for this which say that after force quitting iTunes Helper, to execute the following terminal command in the Applications folder: sudo rm -r iTunes.app.

This completely wiped iTunes. The subsequent download and install of iTunes took about 20 minutes. I had high hopes because I interpreted the long install time as all the old files actually having been removed and being replaced one by one.

In the end, however, everything remains. I still can't see my iPhone 4 in iTunes over Wifi on my iMac OSX Lion partition but can see it everywhere else.

My next and seemingly last option is to wipe the partition clean and do a fresh Lion install and then manually put back all my files form Time Machine in order to prevent corrupt iTunes files from being imported by doing a full restore from Time Machine. This will take forever as I have half a TB of data, and would be high inconveniencing because I need to use this computer to work.

Hardware/Software Specs
iMac: OSX Lion 10.7.4
MB Air: OSX Lion 10.7.4
iTunes Ver. (Win and OSX partitions): 10.6.1 (7)
iPhone iOS: 5.1.1
iPad iOS: 5.1

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.