emails stuck in Mail outbox/IMAP server

Reaction score
Hi,

I use the Mail with a mac on my computer and have linked my school email to it, its an IMAP server. My emails were stuck in the outbox, never being sent - but from my iPhone they were going out. The sent folder always had that circle going round and round, I tried deleting the account and adding it again but still nothing was going out. I went on to my school website and saw that i was way over the limit, so I deleted everything. I thought it would stay in my Mail on my computer and just get deleted off the server..... but now Mail is empty. did I just lose ALL my emails????? Is there any backup?

Do you know why emails still aren't sending out?!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

oh I use the Lion OS i think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you use IMAP (rather than POP) settings for your email eveything is kept in sync. So if you delete from one location the deletion is cascaded to everywhere else. So the short answer is that you can't get them back. Unless..... they are in some kind of trash/recycle bin on the access you have via the school website or the school keeps a backup.

As for things not sending..... it's most likely a configuration issue. Wrong port, wrong security protocol, wrong outgoing server address, wrong password etc.

I'd compare your iPhone settings with the mail settings very carefully to ensure they are identical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.