Eratic Wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
Is it a bad keyboard allready??
:'(

I have a Mini Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53) Please Help.

Problem:- Wireless Keyboard I think. On power up I can log in with my user name and password no keybord problem there I can key anything. However after boot up is compleat and all looks fine I then try to type anywhere after that a text or any search window also from Safari, No text only if I keep hitting the key it will sometimes work.

So what have I tried so far Batteries checked OK 100%, Confirmed within bluetooth
Also I deleted the bluetooth and reloaded it again from the start.
Still same problem. Do I need a new keyboard?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Assuming that it's an Apple wireless keyboard, is it still under warranty? If so, return it to Apple and they'll give you a new one. Do you have any other bluetooth devices? A mouse? Does is it work OK?

OP
C
Reaction score
Many Thanks chscag for your reply.

Yes I have a bluetooth trackpad whicks works OK except for one action, that is the two finger right click has stopped working, which allowed me to change my screen photo, I assume I changed something in the trackpad setup..dont know what.

Further I connected a wired keyboard to the USB, same result, can type name and password log on, however no further type except if I keep hitting a key repeatedly.

What do you think, should I try and restore a backup?. or as you say just return the keyboard to Apple. I am now unsure that it is a wireless keyboard problem.

Any further thoughts? would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If a wired keyboard exhibits the same behavior as the wireless one, there's something else going on. Try restoring from a backup when everything was working right.

OP
C
Reaction score
Eratic wireless keyboard

Hello again and Thank you. and :Oops:

Major embarrisment the Keyboard is now fine, if you want to experiance this problem go to System preferances, then into Universal access and here half way down select "Slow keys ON" how it got selected I will never know I would have no reason to selected this unless it was finger problems!

I wonder what it is for perhaps to help a person with a physical priblem?

Thanks again, Colamps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.