Cannot remove Icon from desktop

Reaction score
I recently tried vuze and hated it and threw it in the trash. This other program "tune up" came with it and i cannot remove it from my desktop into the trash nor can it be opened. It says" The operation can’t be completed because the item “TuneUp” is in use." but its not.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. SO ANNOYING

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If OSX says it's in use, it probably is. It'll be running in the background. Probably on startup.

Go to Settings - User Accounts - select your account on the left then click on login items on the right. Select Tune-up if it's here then click the minus sign at the bottom of the list to remove it from starting on boot up.

Now start Activity manager and see if it's visible in there. If so stop the process. Now you can drag it to the bin.

If this doesn't work startup in safe mode Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode and move to the trash from there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.