I can't get adobe flash player to load

Reaction score
Hi - just got a new mac and am having a hard time getting adobe flash player to load. I click on download, it reads that is is loading and than...nothing. Any suggestions? Please help.

Thanks - K

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I may or not have got your question right.

I assume, as it's new, you're running Lion 10.7.4?

What I would do is go on to a site like CNET and download the Adobe Flash Player from there. If you are using Safari as your Browser, as soon as you Click "Download", a little icon will open up in the top right corner of Safari with a tiny download progress bar.

Many people arrange their downloads to be directed to their Downloads Folder, usually to the far right of the Dock. Assuming this is what you do by default, you can access the Adobe download either by clicking on the Downloads Folder on the Dock or by going to Finder/Downloads.

Click on the Adobe download. It will probably go automatically from a zip or dmg file to the Installer. When it opens, be sure to check the tiny box agreeing the terms & conditions and then the Install Bar will go from being greyed out to active and permit the installation.

I hope this helps and that I've understood your difficulty. As I said above, CNET is a well respected site for safe downloads. Of course there are many others.

Ian

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What I would do is go on to a site like CNET and download the Adobe Flash Player from there.
Why not get it right from Adobe? ;)

Once the installer completes, nothing should happen. The progress bar will get to 100% and then you close the installer. Once that's done, simply reopen your browser and you should be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Sometimes people get tripped up on the two step process - download, then install. Your post doesn't mention installing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.