dual displays?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
I have set up my computer to have mirror displays. I am using the mini vga adapter to go to s-video. The s-video then connects to my tv. I am using an imac g5 20" and a 22" TV. How is it that I can not see the top menu bar and the bottom of the dock? I have changed the resolution to several different settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Can you see the dock if you put it on the side of the screen instead of the bottom? Remember, the iMacs and normal TVs have different aspect ratios (widescreen vs. standard "square screen"), so that may be why it isn't showing up.

There also could be some signal conversion issue between mini-VGA and S-video- I have no experience there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
sevenhelmet said:
Can you see the dock if you put it on the side of the screen instead of the bottom? Remember, the iMacs and normal TVs have different aspect ratios (widescreen vs. standard "square screen"), so that may be why it isn't showing up.

There also could be some signal conversion issue between mini-VGA and S-video- I have no experience there.

Changing the dock position worked, but I still can't see the very top menu bar. Any suggestions for that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.