Imovie Project Lost

Reaction score
Hello,

i have been working on an Imovie project on Imovie '11 for some time now and the project is due in two days. i just recently updated my software to 10.7.4 and downloaded imovie HD when i reopened my imovie '11 my project was completely gone. i have searched through spotlight and finder combined and can find my project no where except a project called "My First Project" in my documents which i clicked to open in imovie and it does not open my project. PLEASE help because i had a lot of work done that can not be replicated in two days.

-SLEBO

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did you have a backup? Always a good idea with important time consuming projects.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
iMovie11 Projects should be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects. Events should be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Events. Anything in those folders?

C

chas_m

i have been working on an Imovie project on Imovie '11 for some time now and the project is due in two days. i just recently updated my software to 10.7.4 and downloaded imovie HD

I am REALLY confused by this post.

1. iMovie HD is from HOW many years ago? Six years! I'm shocked it even opens in Lion (it does though -- I checked!)

2. There's no legal copy of iMovie HD for download, so ... there's that.

3. iMovie projects from newer versions of iMovie are not compatible with iMovie HD (ie version 6).

4. iMovie (the 2007 and later versions) has worked with HD files since it was introduced.

In short, trying to work out why you are "downloading" old tat in the first place ... then why you are trying to open an iMovie 11 project in iMovie "2006."

Good news is that your iMovie 11 project is probably just fine (particularly if you have backups which OF COURSE you do) as MightyGem points out (try looking directly rather than using Spotlight). Once you find it (or restore it from your Time Machine backup), forget iMovie HD and get on with your work in iMovie 11.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.