Topsites on iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core i5 iPhone 4s iPad the 3rd
Hi. Anyone know of a browser for iPad that lets you have your bookmarks as images on the screen like your top sites on Macs?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right I will check that one out. I've had a look through some but none of them seem to have something like top sites. Not sure why Safari doesn't have that. Would be much easier than having to open your bookmarks every time.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah Operas start page is what I was looking for but really don't like anything else about it though. Other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2
Diigo - is one that has that feature. It used to be called iChromy and it's interface is very close to Google's Chrome desktop browser. It's free but the "QuickView" feature has banner ads under the bookmarks. You can disable the ads with a $1.99 in-app purchase.

I've been trying it out and so far pretty good except for this site. It doesn't seem to want to render it properly. Text based links and stuff not lining up right. Kind of looks like it's trying to do an iPhone optimized version but I've tried changing the user agent so that it should load the desktop version, but it still doesn't look right.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Opera Mini leaves much to the imagination (as a big Opera fan, it hurts to say that, haha). Now, if only Apple allowed Opera to build Opera Mobile for iOS, we'd be in business!

Dolphin has a "speed dial" like feature. Give that a try.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Trying out Diigo. Not to bad I guess, the quick dail feature is what I was looking for. It's tolerable as a browser but I'm still hoping for safari to get this feature.
Thanks for the replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.