white lines on start up (image)

Reaction score
Good day,
With no reason, my macbookpro feezed yesterday. When rebooting, white lines on the screen appears right from the beggining, as in the image.
Any help around, please!!!!!
Thank you

photo.JPG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without any information about your MBP (year and model) and which version of OS X it's running, you're not going to get much help. What happens when you attach an external monitor to your MBP?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks chscag

All the info is on the computer, but if I am not wrong, I bought it in july 2007, 15' display with 2.4GHz , 2gb of memory runing on Leopard.
I went here in Paris, France on 3 diferent Mac dealers for diagnosis, all said that most likely I would have to change the motherboard, with a cost around 600 euros. Uiii!!!.
Is that correct, on your point of view?
Thank you
Mauricio

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't verify if the motherboard is bad (Logic board graphics chipset) unless you can test it by attaching an external monitor or TV. Do that and let me know what happens. If the external monitor or TV does the same thing, then the motherboard is bad and will probably be very expensive to repair.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, thanks, I will do that, and if this is the case, is it woth it to pay so much money or think about buying a new one

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it turns out to be a bad graphics chipset, it's not worth repairing. You will be better off buying a new machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.