Upgrade mac to Lion, then Mobile me to icloud ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
Apple seems to force me, owner of a MobileMe [family] account, to upgrade to Lion BEFORE I move away from MobileMe before world's end on 30 June. Meanwhile, I am not ready yet to move from Snow Leopard to Lion. And my daughter Isabelle has not yet moved her free "daugther account" away from Mobileme ... Well, can I go the other way around ? Can I:

1 - When Isabelle will have migrated, move both my [email protected] IMAP account and my fellow [email protected] imap account away from MobileMe, and transfer both of them as simple IMAP mail accounts, and, later, when time is ripe for Lion migration on my mac,

2 - Move my mac from Snow Leopard into Lion, and

3 - Move one of my two mail accounts to true iCloud glory ?

Does this make sense ?

TIA

Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Intel Core i5 with 4G of memory, everything brand new except incredibly old and still in use software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This can be done and i found this on the Apple Support pages.
More so follow the instructions here to bring your .mac and .me mail to Mac Mail on SL.

HTH

Cheers

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
This can be done and i found this on the Apple Support pages.
More so follow the instructions here to bring your .mac and .me mail to Mac Mail on SL.
Thanks TattooedMac, this looks great. The trick of fooling Apple into believing that I have migrated to Lion is the best solution for my needs (I even have a separate family machine already on Lion in case of dire need).

Side question if I may: In the event Isabelle (aka "daughter") is a slower migrator than me, does anyone know what happens if I migrate the "Family account" before she has had the time or opportunity (or wish) to migrate.

• Is her account discontinued (which she would discover with horror the next day) ?
  • Is her account still available, for her, for migration ?

TIA:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.