Cost effective Windows XP bootcamp partition

Reaction score
I want to create a Windows XP partition on my mac using bootcamp. What I need to know is what version of XP I would need to buy, and what the cheapest way to do would be without creating any problems. Some stats about my computer (if they are necessary):
I have a Macbook Pro from 2009.
2.53 GHz w/ 4 GB memory
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
110 GB of memory (left...I have something like 200 total)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

No doubt you mean 110GB of free space left on the hard drive? If you are a gamer or music lover that is getting down. As a suggestions look for a new version of Windows 7, far better than XP, perhaps the Home editions, and set up the Bootcamp partition as 55GB formatting NTFs.

Let Bootcamp do the partition. Priont and read the guidelines and download drivers and burn to CD.

OP
R
Reaction score
To clarify I do mean 110 GB free space. Also the reason I would get XP over 7 is that I don't want to spend 100$+ on it. I am looking for the least expensive way to have windows on my mac using bootcamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lol no 'least' expensive way and make sure you do not use an XP disc from say a Dell etc.

Really if you can't afford the $100 give it a miss.

OP
R
Reaction score
Lol no 'least' expensive way and make sure you do not use an XP disc from say a Dell etc.

Really if you can't afford the $100 give it a miss.

Well there is always a least expensive way. Maybe the least expensive way is 100$, but that would still be the least expensive way to do it. Also what does "give it a miss" mean? I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful, I just don't understand.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows 7 x 64 bit full install OEM System Builder's version is currently selling for $99.99 at Amazon.com, with free shipping: LINK

I wouldn't even consider XP since it will cost almost as much as Windows 7 anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Give it a miss means do not bother with XP at any price. As staff says costs will be about the same for Windows 7. Windows 7 is a much leaner, faster operating system than slow old XP which will be coming up for its tenth birthday shortly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Also, depending on what OS you are running, you may not even be able to install XP via bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.