imac core duo 2008 starts up and after clock appears shuts off

Reaction score
i ve followed all the suggestions in the site and my machine doesn t react. I can only start it up with the osx install system dvd. Inmediately the message of "Mac Os x cannot be installed on this machine computer appears". Then i open the utilities folder and the disk utility. Can see the hard drive and run the verify. Then the following message appears Filesystem verify or repair failed. Apart, in details you can read Invalid node structure Volume check failed Error. Can anyone give me another solution before taking it to a mac center? Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like two things are happening: The OS X install DVD may not be the correct one for the machine you're trying to install it on. And second, the hard drive appears to have failed.

First verify that you're using the proper disk to start the machine. As for the hard drive problem, you can attempt to repair it but usually that message indicates that the drive is likely beyond repair and should be replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.