Reveal open documents

Reaction score
I used to be able to push my cursor to the upper right hand corner of the screen and everything that was open would be separated into smaller versions so I could choose what I wanted to work on.

Now, when I push my cursor to the upper RH corner, it just hides everything and clears the desktop. What happened and how can I set it up to work as it used to?

Thanks!
LD

C

chas_m

Without telling us anything about your machine -- you haven't even bothered to mention if it's a Mac, for heaven's sake -- there's not much we can do to help you. Our psychic helmets got lost in the mail (didn't see THAT comin'!) :)

What kind of machine do you have? What OS are you running? Did you upgrade anything recently?

That sort of thing (the more detail the better).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Are you talking about Mission Control ??
The first Image ?

If so goto System Preferences and click Mission Control @nd image and then click Hot Corners bottom right and this will bring up The 3rd image. Make sure Mission Control is set as a Hot Corner.

HTH

Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.48.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.54.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.54.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.54.53 AM.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Good guess, but yeah, the more details the better. In an older OS, the "hot corner" settings are in the Expose System Preferences pane.

OP
L
Reaction score
Drat! I assumed that everyone who used MacForums was on a Mac. But, alas, no assumptions allowed. I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I'm sure I've done a software update recently and I've run Disk Utility recently but no major upgrades.
Thanks!
LD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Drat! I assumed that everyone who used MacForums was on a Mac. But, alas, no assumptions allowed. I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I'm sure I've done a software update recently and I've run Disk Utility recently but no major upgrades.
Thanks!
LD

99.99% of us are on Macs but there are a multiple of different types of Mac's and OS's. We ask for system specs so like me presuming your running the latest OS on the latest Mac doesn't happen. Cant remember Leopard as it was a while ago for me but i think toMACsh hit the nail on the head.
Head to System Preferences and you should be able to work out where you are at.

Cheers

OP
L
Reaction score
Desktop was chosen instead of All Windows so I changed it and now I'm good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice outcome :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thank you to all. It was in Desktop and Screen Savers.
LD

Desktop was chosen instead of All Windows so I changed it and now I'm good to go.

Hmmm. Both posts made at the same time, or, within less than 1 minute. I'm surprised that the safeguards against "double posting" didn't kick in.

Anyway, if you want to add something to a post after you hit the submit button, there's an edit button, visible only to you, that allows you to change your post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.