Macbook Air wont reboot after hard shut down

Reaction score
Hello,

As the title say's, my first generation macbook air wont boot up after doing a hard shut down. It had frozen up and I shut it down. When I tried to reboot, it froze up after entering in my password on my user id. The screen just goes blank and stays that way. I waited an hour on the blank screen before giving up. I have also tried to reboot about 5-6 times with the same result. I have shut it down like that before with no problems, so not sure why there is one now.

I have tried rebooting into disk utility and repairing the driver, and that didn't do anything. I have also tried rebooting and holding down cmd+opt+P+R (or something like that that i dont remember exactly as it was the other day) in order to clear the memory.

I am at my wits end here, so any help would be very much appreciated. I am running OSX Lion if that helps at all. I noticed that ever since i upgraded to lion that my comp has had issues. I went straight from leopard to lion via snow leopard, but never actually used snow leopard.

OP
R
Reaction score
post location

If this is not a "hardware" question, please let me know and I will go to software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.