"scheduled to go to sleep" message

Reaction score
I'm getting a message "This computer is scheduled to go to sleep in x x x x x" . . .OSX Lion, MacAir

Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
System Preferences
Energy Saver
Schedule

make sure the scheduled sleep box is not ticked

OP
D
Reaction score
yup, checked that the first time I tried to figure this out . . . but you just gave me an idea, hold on . . . nope: the grayed-out sleep time is set to 12:00am, and I was wondering if that was "Cupertino time" and putting my Air to sleep somehow, but my (I think) the times I get that message have not been at 12:00 Cupertino time . . .

I'll try to diagnose: I THINK it only happens when I'm connected to the internet. I've seen similar posts on other forums, but I'm committed to figuring this out here. Will keep you (all?) updated.

Thanks Nicky . .
Don

OP
D
Reaction score
scheduled to go to sleep message

hmmm . . . . it was after 8:30 when I logged on tonight - again at Starbucks, so the location was the same but not the time . . . . no message

OP
D
Reaction score
ah - I ran Activity Monitor when the message appeared and Grabbed it, then closed the message (cancelled it) and ran Activity Monitor again and compared the processes: the only one running WITH the message but not WITHOUT the message was "xpchelper" . . . . does anyone know anything about this process ?

OP
D
Reaction score
it's not xpchelper: I force-quit xpchelper but the message didn't go away . . . I'm thinking it's coming from the web because it always happens when I'm on-line (although I'm usually on-line, so maybe that's not such a definitive test), so I just turned my Firewall on . . . . will let you know what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.