iMac G3 won't finish setup screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
I got an old iMac G3 and went to create a new admin account via single user mode. That method has worked many times for me before on various Macs. This iMac G3 is running 10.4.11 and when going through the setup process it freezes at the "How Do You Connect?" screen. I select this computer does not connect to the internet and the continue button greys out and it does nothing. I would do a clean restore of the OS X but the disc drive doesn't seem to work and of course G3 can't boot from USB. Is there a way to get passed the setup screen? Or something I could do to get it to boot from USB?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
Also, yes I've seen a few posts on here with similar problem but find no solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.