Installing Programs from dmg

E

envy

hi my name is envy am a windows user but i wanted to try mac i bought a powerbook (sexy lil thing) i dont know anything on installing programs my brother sent me office 2004 but its a copy of his and all i see is dmg files how do i install them any help would be appreciated.. :p

Reaction score
double click, but don't pirate software, buy your own copy of Microsoft Office.

OP
E

envy

mynameis said:
double click, but don't pirate software, buy your own copy of Microsoft Office.

sorry i never thought of it that way but i see your point.

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
They should install just by clicking...

Technically speaking if her brother has the EDU version it's not pirating if her's is the second or third computer ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
BoA said:
They should install just by clicking...

Technically speaking if her brother has the EDU version it's not pirating if her's is the second or third computer ;).
Yes it still is pirating. The multiple keys are for use within the same household. Unless they live together it's a violation of the EULA.

Reaction score
BoA said:

Depends on which version they have actually. If they have a retail "Student and Teacher Edition", they live in the same house, and have no intention of using it for commercial purposes, then they are allowed to install it on both machines. If they got the copy through a school with a Microsoft Campus Agreement, then it would be illegal. I am guessing since it came as a DMG file it was obtained through a Microsoft Campus Agreement, but I could be wrong.

OP
E

envy

mynameis said:
Depends on which version they have actually. If they have a retail "Student and Teacher Edition", they live in the same house, and have no intention of using it for commercial purposes, then they are allowed to install it on both machines. If they got the copy through a school with a Microsoft Campus Agreement, then it would be illegal. I am guessing since it came as a DMG file it was obtained through a Microsoft Campus Agreement, but I could be wrong.
no no he bought the program new for me am the only one useing it its just am in campus i needed the program for class so he sent it in a zip but i registered the program.. i also thought it was a copy of his but it wasent..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
:bomb: Sure...um....sounds completely legit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Double-click the dmg files to open the disk image (Kind of like a virtual cd), then drag the application from the disk image into your application folder.

It should then be installed.

Make sure it is legit though... if it isn't, dump it for NeoOffice/J instead :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.