Need help to recover Ipod files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, need a little help if possible!
I have an ipod with 10000 songs on it. The itunes library was pointed to an external hard drive as the mac book memory was too small to store all the music. To cut a long story short I have wiped the hard drive as part of another computer problem!!

Anyway, I then tried to re copy the music from the ipod back to the hard drive by using imacsoft programme which has previously worked fine however now it is not showing any songs and in tunes i am getting an error saying ipod not recognised and that I need to reset it to factory settings which ofcourse will wipe out all my music!

The music is still on the ipod and I have tried running a couple of terminal scripts that I got from simple googling but having no joy.

In finder the ipod is showing with its ipod name but obviously not showing the music files. Is there a simple way anybody knows to recover the music??

Many thanks
SM

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi, my big worry is in paying for more software in case that doesnt read the ipod either.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I understand that but at this point what have you got to loose? Compare the cost of the software to both the real cost and time cost of replacing and reloading all of that music.

OP
G
Reaction score
I take that on board! Hoped there was a simple way to be able to view them. Ill give Senutti a go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Hi, my big worry is in paying for more software in case that doesnt read the ipod either.
Senuti gives you a 30 day/1000 song free trial.

OP
G
Reaction score
I'll try it. Got 10000 songs in there tho so if it works it will cost.
Just ran a disc analyser thing I downloaded and that says "cannot complete analysis as disc may be corrupted" oh no!!

OP
G
Reaction score
update

Ok,

I downloaded senutti and works managed to pick up songs and start copying to har drive again. It set off at great speed but has not slowed right down and after 3 hours has done 5000 songs. The ipod is making a clicking sound.

Would it be fair to say that it has reached the end of its life? Or if I leave it long enough will it be able to decipher these files and recover them???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.