Vertical lines on my old macbook (2008)

Reaction score
Hello, My macbook Aluminum unibody 2008 has strange vertical lines that seems to disappear when i move screen or touch black spot (I don't know the name of that part it showed in the picture :p).After awhile the first line don't disappear even i move the screen, after that the second line appeared they are the same size.When i record screen with screenflow or take screenshots the lines aren't visible.I will buy new mac but i need to fix this one first...I need a name of the part that i need to replace.
Here some pictures:
lol.jpg

blackspot.jpg

Thanks,

Codzhe

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Either the flex cable is bad (the part that goes between the LCD and the system board) or the cable is loosely seated (or both). Either way, I'd pop off the bottom panel and have a look.

That cable is referenced here:

Installing MacBook Unibody Model A1278 Display Assembly - Page 3 - iFixit

I'd start by re-seating it. If that doesn't work, I'd inspect the cable all the way from the system board to the back of the LCD to make sure all is well.

iFixIt has instructions for the entire process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.