Windows 8 RC (just release 5/31) problems

Reaction score
Hey,

I've got the new win8rc running on my vmware fusion 4 (latest version) but multi-monitor support and the keyboard gesture swipe don't seem to work for me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Are there drivers available? If not, you will need to wait until it is supported.

OP
M
Reaction score
for the previous version (february windows 8 consumer preview) most windows 7 programs and drivers worked including all the multi display stuff and gesturing. I'm hoping I'm must missing something simple and someone here would tell me the secret. If not, I will have to wait.

OP
M
Reaction score
after struggling with fusion 4.1.2 all day with the release cand. of windows 8, I'm going back to the previous win8 consumer preview for a while. I've been using that for my development (visual studio 2011 beta) since February and it's been very stable. Today, not so much stability.

Problems:
1) Stray character get stuck on the screen requiring full macbook reboot to clear
2) can not get two windows screens
3) swipe gestures to move between macos and windows 8 rc work intermitenly
4) feel slugish sometimes but could be my bad attitude at the moment.

Any other suggestions let me know here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.