Finder Help

Reaction score
Was curious if anyone knew of a script or easier way to do this process. I have a bunch of folders that correspond with jpg's that have the same identity. Instead of manually dragging and dropping each one into their folder is there a way to do this with some automation possibly? I have included a screenshot to give you more of a visual of what I am referring to. Thanks so much for any help.

-Ryan

Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 9.39.27 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Don't know of an easier way. But, how did you get it like that in the first place? Can't you create a folder then save to it?

OP
R
Reaction score
A little bit about how it gets there toMACsh. I have a script that creates the folders for me right now. And then I have jpgs that I have to rename to the same number as the folder. I then export all of the jpgs I need to the main folder that all of the folders live in. Does that make sense? Its a lot easier to explain in person :)

OP
R
Reaction score
I shoot product photography and these are the sku numbers that go with the product. But I save everything out at once in batches. A lot easier instead of creating the folder and then finding it and saving to that and then the next one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I don't know if you can use Automator to select a folder, copy its name, select a file, rename it then place it in the folder. (did I get that right?) But in your list, I don't see two files with the same number sequence. I can only assume that you will have additional files with the same number in the file name. Otherwise, you don't need a folder for just one item.

I've not been much help, but then, no one else is chiming in. I've seen people refer to Name Mangler for naming automation. Maybe take a look at that and see if it helps. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.