MBP beeps, wont turn on, acting erratically

Reaction score
I have a MBP running OSX. I installed 8 GB of ram to replace the 4 GB it comes with. Everything was fine, then the computer forced me to shut down. Now, if I have the computer on too long, or if it goes to sleep or turns off, I have to turn it on/off a dozen or so times to get it to load OSX. The first dozen times I get the three beeps. I've read that this means failed ram, but I've tried putting the old ram back in and I get the same issue. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
When you swapped the RAM back did you make sure they were seated all the way? Should click into place.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How old is the machine? It's possible one of the module female connector contacts may have been damaged in the memory slots. I've seen that happen on several machines. Nothing much you can do if that occurs except swap out the logic board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.