Instagram 2.0 won't update on my iphone 3gs?

Reaction score
Sorry this was my question:
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out.
I'm trying to update to Instagram 2.0 on my iphone 3gs. The Instagram website states "Instagram v2.0 is supported on iOS 4.2.1 and above." My iphone 3gs is running on 4.2.1. I don't understand why it's not updating.

I have tried deleting the app off my phone, deleting it from itunes, and re-downloading it but it won't update. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance

Solution: I figured it out...I bought the phone from someone who said it was a 3gs. I was dumb and didn't check the model number. Turns out he sold me a iphone 3g not 3gs :/ I still find it strange that even though it is an iPhone 3G, it is running 4.2.1 so it should be supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You cant delete a thread only Admin can do such things, but might pay to re-edit and post the question again and then supply the solution as it might help others down the track and if they search your thread could pop up.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.