"MAP Drawing' program that can replace Pwr Point

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro,2.66 GHz IntelCore 2Duo, 4GB
just made several updates, to get ready for Lion,... i.e. was usingPower Point program that was within Office 2004,...and when I updated to Office 2011, it doesn't have some of the features that the old version had,...so I'm looking for a new "drawing program" for maps, that might be easy... I need to be able to freely draw...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have to admit I've been using Powerpoint for many years in Windows and OS X, but never used it to draw anything, let alone maps. There are many good drawing apps for OS X but you might also consider using the drawing tools that are available in Word. Importing a drawing from Word to PPT or even an entire document is easy enough.

When opening Word in Office 2011, choose the "Publishing Layout View" and a blank document. That will bring up all the drawing tools and whatever else you might need to draw a map. Give it a try since you already have Office 2011.

Take a look here for reviews of drawing programs for Mac. Nothing free though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.