iPhone Calendar events not aligning with Mac iCal event

Reaction score
When I create a new all-day event on iPhone 4S then synch thru iTunes to iCal, the date is advanced by one day in iCal. this only occurs for all-day events; a timed event appears on the correct day in iCal. running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

C

chas_m

My GUESS would be that you have a difference in what the two calendars think of as "a day."

IOW, there's a place in iCal where you can define what "a day" constitutes (ie when it starts and ends). On my iCal I have the start/stop times both set to midnight. By default, I believe the iOS calendar uses the same timetable.

If you're iOS device has "Time Zone support" turned on, that could conceivably cause the problem if it thinks it is in a different time zone.

Alternatively, if on your Mac you have your "day" defined differently than midnight to midnight, that could also cause the problem you're having. Check into those possibilities.

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks for these thoughts, which all make sense. Alas, aligning both systems to have same setup did not resolve the issue.

C

chas_m

thanks for these thoughts, which all make sense. Alas, aligning both systems to have same setup did not resolve the issue.

Since they were out of alignment, you may need to force a re-sync to solve the issue. You can do this through iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.