• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Exporting video from iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Hay all, I am trying to apply for Survivor and they want a 3 min. video. I have a great video but it is 300 MB and the application will only accept a Max of 30 MB. Am trying to figure out how to prepare iPhoto video for export. I hit file & export in iPhoto and it compresses something but only sends the first frame of the video, (a photo). How can I compress my 300 MB video to 30 MB? Please help me.
Thanks
Patrick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Drag the video out of iPhoto into Finder and see if Handbrake will recognise it. Handbrake has a Target Size option that you can set to 30Mb. The current Handbrake doesn't have the Target Size option but this version does:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20846162/HandBrake.zip

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Exporting video

Thanks MightyGem. I was able to load my video to iMovie and then export it to my laptop. Got it down to 29.5MB. I downloaded HandBreak just to try it and HandBreak got it down to 27.6MB and it sure was a lot easier. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.