White Macbook won't boot up

Reaction score
Alright so about 5 months ago, I traded my buddy a half pack of cigarettes for his broken White Macbook. The Macbook had been stepped on and had the screen broken, a few keys missing, and the CD drive no longer worked. Recently, the computer had displayed a REPLACE BATTERY warning, and would not charge the battery at all. Thinking this normal from a 4 year old computer, I replaced the battery. Upon receiving the replacement battery, I charged it before using. The first time I tired to boot up the computer it only stayed on for about 30 seconds after booting. Many times it would cycle on and off in an infinite loop. Now it won't even turn on, I don't hear the hard drive spin up, only the fans, no display activity, and the horizontal indicator light located on the side lights up as normal.

My Dad seems to think the logic board has failed? Any troubleshooting methods I can try, or should I take it to the Apple store?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.