Mac Mini SSD

Reaction score
Hi...

This year I got a Mac Mini A1347 (this one).

I'm a DBA, my knowledge is more with Win OS and Linux (redhat), I have had some difficulties with OSX, but it is a matter of adaptation, like any system it has strengths and weaknesses .. but whatever.

I performed an upgrade Memory (CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9 CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB)), it was good ...
I confess I was disappointed to open the Mini and see two memories Hynix ...

Also installed an SSD - Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB Chronos, i had some problems to mount the partition layout.
Since I need Windows for work and play ...

To assemble the following layout:
1. 20gb - Mac - HFS
2. 20gb - Win7 - NTFS
3. 80gb - Data - NTFS

But after a certain difficulty succeeded.

Now is my current challenge: Test of Reading / Writing SSD!

I have OSX 10.7 installed, but updated.
Trim listed as active.
Appears on the Mac:
Link Speed: 6 Gigabit
Link Negotiated Speed: 6 Gigabit
Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

But still the speed test "Blackmagic Disk Speed ​​Test" is read / write on average 130MB / s on Win and OSX, I found reviews on the internet, I saw people with average speeds of 450 to 500 ...

I'm trying to figure out why (On the basis of research, trial and error):

1. I'm wondering which is due to the cable that is currently the model 821-1346-A. I bought a new (still not arrived) 821-1004 Model-A.
2. I tried to contact Support for help from the Mac, do not get the 'Advisors' are people too busy ...
3. I've been researching the system settings, but have not found much.

I do not think the SSD is limited because other people got better speeds, I believe it is BIOS problem (I) even ... lol

If anyone knows how to help me ...
If you need any further information, please inform.

Sorry an error in the text, my English is not very good, I used the google translator helps.

Thank you all.

Reaction score
Hi...

This year I got a Mac Mini A1347 (this one).

I'm a DBA, my knowledge is more with Win OS and Linux (redhat), I have had some difficulties with OSX, but it is a matter of adaptation, like any system it has strengths and weaknesses .. but whatever.

I performed an upgrade Memory (CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9 CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB)), it was good ...
I confess I was disappointed to open the Mini and see two memories Hynix ...

Also installed an SSD - Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB Chronos, i had some problems to mount the partition layout.
Since I need Windows for work and play ...

To assemble the following layout:
1. 20gb - Mac - HFS
2. 20gb - Win7 - NTFS
3. 80gb - Data - NTFS

But after a certain difficulty succeeded.

Now is my current challenge: Test of Reading / Writing SSD!

I have OSX 10.7 installed, but updated.
Trim listed as active.
Appears on the Mac:
Link Speed: 6 Gigabit
Link Negotiated Speed: 6 Gigabit
Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

But still the speed test "Blackmagic Disk Speed ​​Test" is read / write on average 130MB / s on Win and OSX, I found reviews on the internet, I saw people with average speeds of 450 to 500 ...

I'm trying to figure out why (On the basis of research, trial and error):

1. I'm wondering which is due to the cable that is currently the model 821-1346-A. I bought a new (still not arrived) 821-1004 Model-A.
2. I tried to contact Support for help from the Mac, do not get the 'Advisors' are people too busy ...
3. I've been researching the system settings, but have not found much.

I do not think the SSD is limited because other people got better speeds, I believe it is BIOS problem (I) even ... lol

If anyone knows how to help me ...
If you need any further information, please inform.

Sorry an error in the text, my English is not very good, I used the google translator helps.

Thank you all.

Remember those benchmarks are probably not with black magic..

You have a small SSD partitioned really small SSD's get slower the smaller they become..

If you use Cinditori's (sp?) trim hack I've not been happy with it it's always given me issues..

The trim isn't likely to work on the NTFS partitions anyway. While OSX can play in NTFS like Linux is not as fast as native.

Why don't you put one or the other OS on the stock HDD and just run two drives..If the Mac has no optical you need the ribbon cable from OWC..if it has an optical steal data and power from it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.