Latest Version of iTunes-Burn Audio CD

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Burn the CD as an audio CD not mp3, then it will likely play in any CD player including one in an auto. However, nowadays most autos built in the last 5 years or so are equipped with CD players that can play mp3s.

OP
I
Reaction score
Burn the CD as an audio CD not mp3, then it will likely play in any CD player including one in an auto. However, nowadays most autos built in the last 5 years or so are equipped with CD players that can play mp3s.

Thanks for the reply!
Can you show me how to do this?
I have never really used iTunes before as this is my first Mac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Rather than post a step by step, I'll refer you instead to the following Apple KB "how to" article: LINK

OP
I
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for being patient. Here is the screen from the help page that displays the simple "burn" menu that will solve my problem.

ScreenShot2012-05-30at85746PM.png

On my 10.6.1, this is all I have show up. No "burn" option

ScreenShot2012-05-30at85812PM.png

The only "burn" thingy I see is this on finder.

ScreenShot2012-05-30at91301PM.png

Finally, this other help page for 10.6.1 says something about "Select Audio CD as the Disc Format." huh???

ScreenShot2012-05-30at85949PM.png

Reaction score
In iTunes, make sure you have created a playlist containing the songs in it you want on the CD. Make sure that the total time-including transition time- doesn't exceed that available on the CD (typically 70 minutes, IIRC).

Using your mouse/trackpad, hold down the control key while clicking on the playlist. From the pop-up menu that is revealed, select "burn playlist to disc". Once selected, a pop-up window will appear giving you the options to burn to Audio disc, burn to MP3 disc or burn to Data. Select "Burn to Audio CD".

Make sure you have a compatible disc in the drive and you should be good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.