Installing Snow Leopard on a 2007 iMac

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am upgrading to a new iMac because I need a larger screen for the work I do.

My current iMac (Core 2 Duo, 20inch screen, 2.4GHZ, 2GB) is in good condition, so I will try to sell it.

I obviously want to delete all of my information off it first, so will completely wipe the disk. I haven't got any OS X install CDs (I either didn't get one when I originally bought my iMac, or I've lost it).

So, if I buy Snow Leopard to re-install OS X after wiping the hard drive, should it install? Is this specification of iMac compatible with that software?

Many thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Yes it is compatible with Snow Leopard, and doing a wipe and fresh install would be good.
For added security you can choose 7 pass "secure erase" which won't take forever but will protect your personal info.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes it is compatible with Snow Leopard, and doing a wipe and fresh install would be good.
For added security you can choose 7 pass "secure erase" which won't take forever but will protect your personal info.

Muchos Gracias! :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.