HD icon to desktop

Reaction score
Theres no icon for the hard drive on desktop, so we cannot drag the downloads we have updated from mackeeper 2012. How do we get the macontish HD to allow us to drag the download applications.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go to:

- the Finder/Desktop
- Finder drop down menu
- Preferences
- click on "General" in the window that appears

Now check the boxes for the items that you want visible on the desktop

HTH,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply from pigoo3 i followed all the instructions but still it leaves me four boxes top one hard disk, external disk, cd and dvd and the other one but still i cant understand how to get an icon to my desktop to allow me to drag and install the latest applications update from Mackeeper 2012. When i checked downloads I have so many outdated downloads most of which I have never been able to use because they have never been dragged to hard drive. I must sound like a total dummy, I know little of computers but I could teach you to hit a golf ball long and straight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
To update most apps (I don't have experience with MacKeeper), you either have to run an installer/updater which you download or else drag and drop the updated program to your Applications folder, copying over the old one. You shouldn't have to do anything with dragging stuff to your hard drive; once you have something in your downloads folder it is already on your hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
With all of the problems I've read about people having after installing MacKeeper, I'm staying as far away from that app as possible. I'm not saying that it's causing this particular problem, just that if you have no problems caused by MK, you'll be in the minority.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Theres no icon for the hard drive on desktop, so we cannot drag the downloads we have updated from mackeeper 2012. How do we get the macontish HD to allow us to drag the download applications.

Here's a graphic description of what Nick was describing How to Display Hard Disks On Mac OS X Lion Desktop. That should get you going in the right direction. There is a video of this at the bottom of the article.

OP
S
Reaction score
Not quite sure what in your saying in your quote but we have tried everything suggested and now the mac appears to go haywire writing its on addresses, sounding like a drum, the keyboard has gone haywire, who‘s fault? Mackeeper, Safari, AOL, or i would assume that it is all my fault since i have purchase Mackeeper and still have to live with an AOL programme locking up my internet and mail since i have move to the Philippines. Maybe I would resolve the problems before my 70th birthday. A little bit longer than your breakfast wears off. My partner and myself have spent considerable weeks and hours trying to get to the root of the problem. I think this is probably the Apple Mac last attempt. I have given up trying to write on my Apple, i think i have to go back to my Windows laptop. Thank you for your help but maybe the programme has not been researched sufficiently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds like you are used to the old PC, and having trouble with the Mac because things are done differently. Too bad you don't have an Apple Store where you could take classes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Get rid of MacKeeper once and for all and ill bet your system responds the way you want it too..

Uninstalling MacKeeper

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I hope that you did not take my response the wrong way. The only reason for the quote was to point out what was being responded to since there had been a few posts in between.

OP
S
Reaction score
It ,would appear that I am supposed to travel 2000 kilo to find an ,,Apple store and ,m,ayb,e ,they would just ,tell, m,e t,o ,,b,,uy another 1500, ,,dollar ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PC, bec,ause I paid 40 dollars ,f,,or Mac Keep,er I apple have sold this programme to 1 million it is not a bad way to earn som,e m,on,ey.,,, ,n,ow ,it ,is ,im,possible to type I begin to think this is not a well researched programme and now has completely screwed my computer,,,,,,,,, it continues to run even if ,I take a ,sec,on,d to read what I have ,written <<I dont supp,osed if I deinstall Apple or Zeobit will refund,,,_ n,othin,g ,works ,an,y ,m,ore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're saying that you assume that Apple developed and sells MacKeeper, that is incorrect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.