Imported videos from iphone to iphoto, disaster ensued

Reaction score
I took about 150 pictures and videos at a music festival last weekend. Usually I would use image capture to import them, but at the time I was pretty exhausted and out of it, so I just let iPhoto automatically import all of them. Like an idiot, I then let it delete the photos off my phone.

When I tried to watch the videos in iPhoto, the sound was fine, but the video would stick on the first frame. Quicktime crashed when I tried to play it on that, and VLC would play them, but it would lag like crazy. MPlayerX was the most successful; some of the videos played just fine, but some had weird things happen, like being turned upside down or stalling here and there.

Could someone give me some advice? I'll be so grateful.

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Not sure what the question is here.

Sounds like your computer is in bad shape (QuickTime crashing), underpowered (VLC lag), maybe doesn't have enough RAM (stalling). I'd address those issues first, but ... sorry, not understanding quite what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.