Will this headset work with my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Hey guys, well my Logitech USB headset broke a few days ago, and I was looking on Amazon for a replacement. I came across this and figured it looked pretty good. The only problem is, it's not USB, it uses a 2 pronged connector. I don't really mind this, my main question is will it work with my MacBook? I know it has headphone out, but does the optical audio in port work the same as a Microphone port? Or does it require a "line in" level connection? (which I doubt this headset puts out)

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
HI,
You'll need a USB /Stereo Adaptor. The green plug is for the phones and the red one is for the mic.
Not sure about the specs saying that it's PC/Windows only??

On the Macbook the Audio out port is Headphone out/optical digital audio out/analog line in.

You can connect external active speakers, headphones (including iPhone), or digital audio equipment. You can specify audio analog line in functionality, which supports audio equipment with line level analog outputs, by selecting Sound Input in the Sound pane of System Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As Pendlewitch says you need one of these (or similar) or choose a dedicated USB headset

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.