missing software DVD?

Reaction score
iMAC for sale, but owner says that the software DVD is missing; tried contacting but no answer so thought I would ask here.

Is there a DVD that comes with the iMAC and if so what does it contain? If it is not with the computer where can I get the files on the DVD? Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It depends on how old the iMac is. If it's an iMac that shipped with Lion (OS X 10.7), then no, it will have no discs.

Any older Mac should come with 2 "system discs". One contains the OS and diagnostics, the other will contain the iLife Suite and other ancillary software (iPhoto, Garageband, iWeb, iDVD, iMovie, etc).

You can purchase replacement discs from Apple, but it's not the easiest process in the world.

Generally speaking, you can subtract about $150 from the value of the machine if it doesn't come with the discs. If the seller doesn't want to do that, I'd look elsewhere.

OP
D
Reaction score
eBAY imac

go to item # 310403668974 and see if this looks legit; seller says owner did not tell him anything more than what he has listed on eBAY. I assume this is a 2011 model. Please advise.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yep, that is the latest model. It may have shipped without discs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.